Saturday 25 November 2006

19th September 2006 To Hull and Back!

Its a funny place Hull, terrible reputation but its actually quite beautiful in places. My cousin and his wife live in a lovely house right by the river. Fantastic spot, but I wouldn't give much for their chances if a Tsunami strikes Humberside. Anyway not much chance of that thankfully cos they're terrific people and its somewhere nice to visit.

I mention Hull because that's where this idea I had in mind comes to fruition. You see I had been considering signing up for a Hiking Challenge in China for Macmillan Cancer Support. Why I had even contemplated this will become clear, anyway, I had been banging on about it being very negative and talking myself out of it. When looking at my cousins wife for some support got the following retort. "Oh just get on with it you'll be fine you soft southerners are all the same whinging on etc., etc. Well instant focus you might say!

Upshot is I went home and sent off my registration fee and form and went on Holiday.

P.S. By some fluke of nature our family is spread throughout the UK so whilst our bit was born in London and therefore talks "propa", the other lot talk funny and have gravy on their chips, something I've never come to terms with.

( I must confess to some poetic licence in retelling this story and any reference to anyone living is purely intentional)

No comments: