Sunday 4 February 2007

21st January 2007 Signed up for Peru May 2008

Yes your eyes do not deceive you I have signed up to hike the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. The cause will be the same and I hope to raise some more money for Macmillan Cancer Support. I decided to do this because I did not want to lose my focus, this trip and the preparation for it has changed my life and I wanted something else to aim for when this challenge was over.

I was really worried that if I had no reason to walk I wouldn't go and walk, the thought worried me so I have chosen an even tougher challenge this time. Although I will have more time to improve my fitness it is still a demanding challenge as altitude enters the equation.

I'm not getting carried away honest, China is my main priority and is approaching rapidly 2 months to go!!

Bought my head torch and first aid kit this week nearly got all my kit now, just a few odds and ends to get and my visa.

No comments: