Sunday 4 February 2007

6th January 2007 To Grimsby and Back!

Went to Grimsby for the weekend to do some serious walking with fellow walkers. It was good to meet up with some people who were going on the trip. We had a few laughs about what was in store in China and walked 14 miles on the Saturday over the Humber Bridge and along the fore shore to North Ferriby, where my cousin and his wife live. Where this story started some months earlier.

You should have seen Janet's face when I banged on the window (I hadn't told them I was popping in!!) it was a picture. "You're taking this walking business to seriously" was the greeting and then "have you seen Pete he's out walking". My cousin had just had a partial knee replacement a few days earlier so I though she was taking the pxxs. Anyway tops up he was and his surprise was just as great when I told him to hurry up and stop messing around, hobbling about on two sticks. Honestly though what a star he is. Anyway had a nice cup of tea and walked back.

I thought I would definitely get a reaction to walking so far, but nothing, no stiffness or aching limbs and most importantly no blisters. Boots were brilliant!!

Went out again on Sunday and walked six miles and then drove home. My confidence was considerably increased by walking so far, the furthest I have ever walked in one go in my entire life.

By the way the injections were no trouble at all, much to my relief just two jabs of coctails.

No comments: