Wednesday 17 January 2007

20th December 2006 6 miles Saturday and Sunday

Its strange how quickly you can cover the distance when you do something regularly, I would have never dreamed of walking 6 miles full stop, let alone two days running. Its really enjoyable out in the fields with your "OS" (that's hiker talk for Ordnance Survey Map), walking over private land (I said I had one not that I can read it) and peoples gardens.

The strangest things go through your mind though when your alone with your thoughts like, "I hope nobody shoots me by mistake" and "That's not a banjo I can hear playing is it?"

Mind you the old housework's taking a back seat but I still passed the "Mum" test not quite white gloves, more firm but fair.

The weight has started to shift which can't be bad 14 pounds lighter than I used to be. A certain friend of mine is going to have to double her donation to £200.00, which is very good for the cause.

No comments: